Hi guys,

I'm doing a table to calculate the cohort o customer recurrency . For example

The calculation is, how many customers return in the following months:

2016-01-29_14h04_34.png

Many thank's guys

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Although there might be an easy way to do this, but I came up with this expression which seems to work except for some reason it hides the dimension when the value = 0. I think we need expert advice here from swuehl

I am sure he not only will get a simplified version of this expression, but will also resolve the other issue of hiding dimension.

Count(DISTINCT {<Customer = p({<Order = p({<MonthYear = {"$(=vVar)"}>})*p({<Order = {"=Month([Date Order]) = Month(FirstOrder)"}>})>})>}Order)

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

For First,

people bought in Jan : count(distinct Customer)

For 2nd & 3rd, like this?

Assuming your script: 

month(FirstOrder) as Firstmonth

month(Date Order) as Ordermonth

=count({<Firstmonth={'1'}, Ordermonth={'>1'}>}distinct Customer)

sunny_talwar

Something like this may be:

=Count(DISTINCT {<Customer = p({<MonthYear = {"$(=MonthName(Min(MonthYear)))"}>})>}Customer)

Capture.PNG

ecabanas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

It's ok, but the example was to know january, but probably I did not explain correct.

I wanna know the guys who return to our site, Using a calendarmonth I wanna know dinamicaly, not harcoded, is ti possyble??

How many guys from FirstOrder was january  has returned, but how many from february, march, etc???

did you understant, may be i did not explain correctly

Many thank's

Eduard

PS:Remember the paella 😉

sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand it still, but may be like the attached? Where you can select the MonthYear and it will show how many customers have bought in other Months?

Capture.PNG

ecabanas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny

We are going in the right way, but try to select february

I wanna know how many guys that his first order was in "February" Bough in march and followings...is not normal that if you did the first in february appears results in January...and the result in february has to be 1 not 2....

agghhhh it's a tricky calculation

thanks again

sunny_talwar

What about this?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable

Do you Master calendar in your data model and if yes, please add month no that hold 1,2,3 etc with your Month Name ascending order. Then use the below:

=Count(DISTINCT {<Customer = p({<MonthNo = {"$(=Min(MonthNo)"}>})>}Customer)

If you select any Month Name & Min(MonthNo) will give that date.

Not applicable

Please post more sample data to test all your scenarios.

ecabanas
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

If I select february, there is one that first order was february (Customer C) but this guy did not returned in any month any the table says 1 in March!!

Many many thank's for your patience

Eduard