Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I aggregate the denominator to achieve this so that I get the correct answer even if a selection is made?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Qlikview. I looked through several threads but could not find solution to this:

I have data in a similar format:

Month# Hired# Hired till today# Active Currently#Active/ # hired till today
15533/5 = 60%
27121083%
3214964%
44181583%
59272592%

And I also have #hired by different managers, branches etc like this:

MonthManager#Hired
1A3
1B2
2A4
2B2
2C1

and so on for all the months..

I would like to calculate '#Active/ # hired till today'. And to some extent, I have already achieved this but the problem that I am facing is that I don't get the correct values if any filter is applied. For eg if I look at the same % by different branches and managers on a monthly basis, I am not getting the right answers. I would really appreciate it if you can help me with this.

Also, just an additional note, I am calculating this in a chart with Month as X-axis and %Active/hired as Y-axis.

Thanking you in advance,

Roopam

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try: rangesum(above(sum([# Active Currently]),0,rowno()))/rangesum(above(sum([# Hired]),0,rowno()))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

thank you for your reply. Few follow up questions:

1. If i make any selections on month.. i still want the cumulative from the first month, i.e. from the begining irrespective of the selections.

2. My two fields : # hired & # Active correspond to 2 different date fields. # hired corresponds to hire date while #active relates to the transaction date. How can i show the ratio on a line chart with a common date field?

Thank you in advance!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. See this blog post: Accumulations

2. By using a common date field. You cannot use two dimensions as one chart dimension.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand