cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I exclude a specific selection in one sheet

Hi guys,

I have an application with four sheets with a  "Year" table box in the first three sheets (I set it up as "Always One Selected Value") . Users can select whichever year they want to look into.

Now I have problem with the fourth sheet. I plan to include a table with 5 different years' info in different columns regardless the year selection. (eg: as below)

Agent20092010201120122013
AG121316489649731
EG23245461685620166

I also plan to create a chart showing the trend of the 5 years. (The "Year" is one of the dimensions). The Year selection carries over to the fourth sheet...How can I break it please?

9 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1) You can do with alternate states

2) you can write in expression (if year is a dimension) Sum({total <year> value)

let me know

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I personally like set analysis over alternate states, so would add the following set expression to all expressions where you want to ignore the selection of Year:

{<Year=>}

e.g.

Sum({<Year=>} Sales)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Alessandro. I like to try the second way first. What if I have other conditions than ignoring the year selection? The set analysis is like sum({<Condition1, Condition 2>}value). I am not sure in this case where I can put the "total" at.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Piet,

Thanks for your opinion. I added the year condition into my set analysis. Now it is ignoring the Year selection but it is only showing the year of 2010....:(

How can I get the 5 years in stead of just one year..?

Thanks a lot!!

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You say the year selection is now ignored but it still shows only 2010 ?? I then assume 2010 is not the year selected in the other sheets?? Without further knowledge of your document I cannot answer that. I would suggest you would check all current selection for maybe some other selections that may be limiting the data display to 2010. If so add them to the set expression like e.g. this

Sum({<Year=,YearWeek=>} Sales)

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Let's assume your year field is named Year, your expression would be:

SUM( {$<Year= >} Value)

Does this help?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Piet. You are right, 2010 is not the year selected in the other sheets and "year" was the only selection...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Frank,

It still shows only one year, 2010, doesn't matter what year I selected in the other sheets. And "Year" was the only selection.

beunderf
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

See attached Example. Is this what you are looking for? Or do I understand your question not correctly?