Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mokitsu61
Creator
Creator

How can I unify server object and .qvw

Hi,

We can edit user document in QVS by QV Desktop using [file -> open in server...].

And in my understanding, objects which were made by above way are saved in .shared file.

I copied both files (.shared, .qvw) into my local PC from QVS in manual, and I found server objects were not there.

I want to know 2 of things,

1. What for the server objects?

-> Why does not it saved in .qvw?

2. How can I unify server objects into .qvw?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Short answer is that shared objects cannot be copied back to the original QVW file.

However, technically, you should be able to open the file with QlikView Desktop locally, open a new instance of QlikView Desktop and open the same file in server (so the shared files are also read), and copy paste the objects or sheets done by the users from the latter to the former.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Short answer is that shared objects cannot be copied back to the original QVW file.

However, technically, you should be able to open the file with QlikView Desktop locally, open a new instance of QlikView Desktop and open the same file in server (so the shared files are also read), and copy paste the objects or sheets done by the users from the latter to the former.

mokitsu61
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks!