Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I transfer a license key?

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to transfer a license key?

I currently have personal addition installed and want to upgrade to a full developer license. Somone in my organisation has a full license key working on their install however they no longer use it so I would ideally like to use their license. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

15 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nicolas,

That's right, since it's not "yours", meaning that it's the Server where you can assign what user has a license. If you want to transfer it, you will have to remove the assignment in the Console, wait 24 hours without using it, and assigning it to a new user.

Regards

EDIT: If you have access to the Console, browse to System, Licenses, QlikView Server License and there you have the information and the content of the LEF.

Not applicable
Author

I have a license on my company laptop. Would it be possible to reuse the same license on my personal computer (outside my company network)?

(I am leasing a license from a server)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nicolas,

Provided you have access to your company server, and server's port 4747 is reachable from the outside, yes. You just need to go to the Start Page in your computer, Open in server, set your public IP or URL where port 4747 of your server is reachable or mapped, click on "Show options", provide proper credentials (domain\username) in "Logon as specified user" and if it's not in use because you left some open session in server you will get yours.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I did the test today. Plug my laptop to the company network, fill-up the proxy information (I was then able to ping the QV Server)

I open QV, then File > Open in Server

Server: qvp://ServerName

Change the Authentication method to 'Alternate Identity'; fill-up my User ID: Domain\UserName

The server connection is automatically update to qvp://Domain\UserName@ServerName

Then click on Connect, it ask for my password; Then I can see the different QV file on the server

I open one, it works, but when I close it, the license is still not updated.

I am afraid that I need to register my personal laptop on the company domain.

Not applicable
Author

I have registered my personal laptop on the domain, so now I log on with my WindowsUser (Domain\UserName) which gets a Named User CAL, but after I open a QV file from a server, the license is still a Personal one.

I think my problem is related to this one:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/40771.aspx

Can we used several computer with the same Named User CAL?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nicolas,

Since it's a Named User CAL, and if the server is set to assign to usernames instead of machines names, the server should lease once a valid user with assignment is logged in. But only one computer at a time of asking for leasing.

But if you have another session opened in some other place leaving a document opened or just an Accesspoint opened from a different place, you will need to close all sessions before, because what it's not possible is to lease twice at the same time.

If your laptop's is the only session running with your user, and you don't have problems opening through the Accesspoint, then think of restarting services just in case.

Hope that helps.