cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III

How do I...

...add my Publisher account to my section access table?

The problem I'm having is I'm using Section Access to control which users have access to specific applications and when I try to schedule them to reload, the reload fails. It's failing because the app won't allow the Publisher to open it and reload it...does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi SamVile18.

Yes.

I have a few nifty ways.

You could maybe pick up the phone and/or send an e-mail to the person(s) responsible for the server. Maybe they might know or could check for you?

Or if you create a dummy qvw with the following script and make the Publisher reload the document:

load osuser() as user

autogenerate 1;

Then open the document with your normal user, as you normally would, and check what user was loaded into the user field.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Architect Consultant

Framsteg Business Intelligence Corp.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

**BUMP**

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi SamVile18.

No need to bump after just three hours, seems a bit...!

Make sure your Publisher account is also in your section access table.

And in the reload task:

- If using USERID in section access, you need to provide the details in the reload task

- If using NTNAME in section access, no change is needed  in the reload task

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Architect Consultant

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the reply...I know it was an early bump, I'm getting desperate!!

That's what I've been trying, I'm using the NTNAME but I can't seem to figure out what the Publisher NTNAME actually is??

I feel like I'm so close!

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Check the service name in the Server Manager.

On the server go to Server Manager > Services, find the QlikView Distribution service & right click it > Properties > Log on Tab.

Don’t forget if you are using Publisher to distribute the document and you have any reduction fields put a value in the SA table for the publisher service account that does not exist in the data. For example we use the value ‘NOREDUCTION’ for the service account in our reduction field column.

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I don't actually have the right access levels to check our server, does anyone know of any other way that I can find out the service name of my Publisher account?

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi SamVile18.

Yes.

I have a few nifty ways.

You could maybe pick up the phone and/or send an e-mail to the person(s) responsible for the server. Maybe they might know or could check for you?

Or if you create a dummy qvw with the following script and make the Publisher reload the document:

load osuser() as user

autogenerate 1;

Then open the document with your normal user, as you normally would, and check what user was loaded into the user field.

Kind regards

Magnus Åvitsland

BI Architect Consultant

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

OH MY GOD,,,,Magnus, if you were infront of me right now I'd kiss you!

This has been breaking me down for the last 6 or 7 weeks, I can't express how much you've helped me out with 2 lines of code!

Thank you eternally

magavi_framsteg
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

haha

Glad to give service.

Sharing is caring 😃

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Magnus,

I understand it's been a while since you answered this but I was wondering if you could help with another issue I'm having??

I've since migrated our QlikView server and once again I'm in need of the service account credentials, I know the name but I don't know the password...do you have any nifty code that will inform me of the password?