Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you get forecasts to show in a dotted/dashed line?

I'm currently attempting to get a forecasts from my trendline to show as a dashed line as it goes out into the future, however right now it looks like a solid line throughout the present data and future data. The help file states:

Enter into the text edit box how far you wish to predict the trend line. See: Chart Properties: Expressions.. The forecast portion of trend lines is displayed as dotted.

Below is what mine looks like with forecast turned on for two years...

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Paul,
See line style in the attribute expressions (expand plus-sign at the expression name in chart properties). You can have a conditional expression here as well, and set line styles depending on date.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Just thought I'd see if anyone had missed this one the first time, that may have an idea.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Paul,
See line style in the attribute expressions (expand plus-sign at the expression name in chart properties). You can have a conditional expression here as well, and set line styles depending on date.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Michael,

Thanks for the assist. Where would I find the syntax for the line styles? I looked in the Help, and the available functions, but I didn't see anything that made sense.

Thanks Again!

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmm... I thought there was enough info in the Help... Although they tend to forget about the single quotes.
Try '<Wn>' for line width, and '<Sn>' for the styles. Try different n-s to find out.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael,

I was able to find it in Help after all. Unfortunately Line Style isn't indexed for search, and you're right they don't include the single quotes.

For anyone else who is looking for this...

Click on Line Style in order to enter an attribute expression for calculating the line style for the line or line segment associated with the data point. This type of attribute expression only has effect on line, combo and radar charts. Whenever a line style attribute expression is entered for an expression, the color of the attribute expression placeholder will change from gray to color.
The relative width of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Wn> where n is a multiplying factor to be applied on the default line width of the chart. The number n must be a real number between 0.5 and 8. Example: <W2.5>.
The style of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Sn> where n is an integer between 1 and 4 indicating the style to be used (1=continouos, 2= dashed, 3=dotted, 4=dashed/dotted). Example: <S3>.
The <Wn> and <Sn> tags can be freely combined, but only the first occurrence of each counts. The tags must be enclosed by single quotations.
This type of attribute expression only has effect on line, combo and radar charts. Whenever a line style attribute expression is entered for an expression, the color of the attribute expression placeholder will change from gray to color.

Not applicable
Author

This is exactly what I was looking for. One additional question: The lines in my chart are now dashed but the lines in my legend still show as solid lines. How do I get the Legend to match what's in my chart?

thanks,

rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rob,

I think the legend lines are not customizable.
And, what if the same line can be solid in the beginning of the chart, twice wide in the middle, dotted closer to the end, etc, depending on conditions.

Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi does anyone have any examples how the Chart properties can be configured for Mini Charts?

There arent many resources available to help with advanced chart attributes.

Im looking for examples of expressions that i can use to configure each of the attributes below