Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Secure/Lock my qvw file ?

Hi,

I work for a company that makes BI application for Banks.... My problem is that our customers can explore the qvw file that we use to generate the application in AJAX. They can extract it and open it using qlikview developper. I have no problem if they see the database or the script but I need to protect my variables since they contain the formulas.

Thus, is there a way to protect my qvw file or my variables...?

Thank you

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

you can use Section access.

Hope this helps u ...

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

you need to add section access

in script editor Insert->Section Access->Inline

then after adding the section access you can add your customers as USER not ADMIN

and then in the Document Properties->Security you can remove all permissions related to script editing etc....

refer to Reference Manual for more information

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable
Author

Hide your script by writing  code in the Hidden script.

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

putting the script in hidden script will prevent user from being able to debug script and if there was an error you won't be able to see the error message

hidden script is used to put the section access script only

I can walk on water when it freezes
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Also for hidden script, check:

https://community.qlik.com/message/585957#585957

Thanks,

AS

rubenmarin

Hi firas, when I have variables to store formulas I usually put them in outside txt file adding to the script with include. Sometimes I inserted those directly on script.

This way after reload reload all varibles are reseted to their original values.

It's a bit tricky because of quotes and dollar signs, wich need to be converted using Chr() or an auxiliar character that needs to be translated using replace().

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can try this way,

1.u can write ur scripts in text files and call those from qvw ,that makes protect ur scripts

as some one said on above

2.implement section access with hidden scripts

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for helping me. What do you mean by the variables are reseted to their original values ?