Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

How to Write Incremental Load scripts in SQL

Dear all

We have ERP data which is very large data is there any concept in sql also to apply incremental data

while fetching data from sql .

Thanks in advance

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
6 Replies
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Yes Vikas..

Definatly !!   we do have with QLikview ..

Before applying INCREAMENTAL LOAD : You must have

- Created_Date

- Updated_Date

fields in your each database table. Just let me know do you have that fields with proper ETL logic. If yes give me one select statement for a table. I will provide you the solution.

Thank you

Sanket

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Incremental Load is one of the best feature for data model in qlikview.

I have attached a sample for it have a look .

Hope it helps you!!

vikasmahajan
Author

All Thanks for Reply I don't want incremental in Qlikview , But in Sql scripts only I want to tune performance

means while taking data from sql whether it is possible to apply incremental data in sql script only.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

not any attachement. Please confirm.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

To implement incremental load, there has to be a target DB to compare with your source SQL DB. What would be that for your case? Oherwise, if you use incremental load in qv, it tunes performance because only the incremental data portion is loaded into qv. That itself is efficient. I don't see that (and not very logical too) any further improvement can be done implementing the same in SQL it self. 

Not applicable

You could throw your max(id) in a temptable and then load your facttable where ID > your max(id) from your temptable