Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
dutguoyi
New Contributor II

How to add reference area in line chart?

Hi folks,

In the QlikView line chart, I could find the reference line, but how could I define the reference area? Sample one is attached. For example I want to set the range from 95% to 100% is in green, etc.

line-chart-with-bands-to-depict-kpi-or-goals.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: How to add reference area in line chart?

I could imagine that it might be possible with two charts (one as the normal line-chart and the other as a line-chart with the fourth option in tab design) which are laying over eachother with the appropriate adjustments on the various layout-options - hiding title, border, axis and so on respectively setting them to transparent with argb(0,0,0,0).

To sychronize both chart-axis you need to define the scaling with expressions maybe with something like this:

ceil((max(Total YourExpression) - min(Total YourExpression)) / NumberOfIntervals, RoundingArea)

I think it will need some effort to build such a construct but you should get quite near to what you want.

- Marcus

4 Replies
mwoolf
Honored Contributor II

If your y axis scale doesn't change, you could use an image in the chart background.

dutguoyi
New Contributor II

Hi man,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately, the y axis scale will be dynamic based on the metrics value.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I could imagine that it might be possible with two charts (one as the normal line-chart and the other as a line-chart with the fourth option in tab design) which are laying over eachother with the appropriate adjustments on the various layout-options - hiding title, border, axis and so on respectively setting them to transparent with argb(0,0,0,0).

To sychronize both chart-axis you need to define the scaling with expressions maybe with something like this:

ceil((max(Total YourExpression) - min(Total YourExpression)) / NumberOfIntervals, RoundingArea)

I think it will need some effort to build such a construct but you should get quite near to what you want.

- Marcus

dutguoyi
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot, man. I will try your solution.