Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add reference area in line chart?

Hi folks,

In the QlikView line chart, I could find the reference line, but how could I define the reference area? Sample one is attached. For example I want to set the range from 95% to 100% is in green, etc.

line-chart-with-bands-to-depict-kpi-or-goals.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I could imagine that it might be possible with two charts (one as the normal line-chart and the other as a line-chart with the fourth option in tab design) which are laying over eachother with the appropriate adjustments on the various layout-options - hiding title, border, axis and so on respectively setting them to transparent with argb(0,0,0,0).

To sychronize both chart-axis you need to define the scaling with expressions maybe with something like this:

ceil((max(Total YourExpression) - min(Total YourExpression)) / NumberOfIntervals, RoundingArea)

I think it will need some effort to build such a construct but you should get quite near to what you want.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If your y axis scale doesn't change, you could use an image in the chart background.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi man,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately, the y axis scale will be dynamic based on the metrics value.

marcus_sommer

I could imagine that it might be possible with two charts (one as the normal line-chart and the other as a line-chart with the fourth option in tab design) which are laying over eachother with the appropriate adjustments on the various layout-options - hiding title, border, axis and so on respectively setting them to transparent with argb(0,0,0,0).

To sychronize both chart-axis you need to define the scaling with expressions maybe with something like this:

ceil((max(Total YourExpression) - min(Total YourExpression)) / NumberOfIntervals, RoundingArea)

I think it will need some effort to build such a construct but you should get quite near to what you want.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, man. I will try your solution.