cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to analyze dimensions efficiently?

Hello everyone,

supposedly I have 10 tables. One of them is huge (transactions) and other are like location, customer, etc. I have a problem with cleaning the dimensions, I use this approach:

1. Open the table using easy qlik viewer

2. Right click on dimension -> Field Values

3. Check how many null or empty values there are. Many dimensions have completely full null values, and I need to repeat the 2 step over and over again.

1. So my question - is there any other more efficient way to analyze dimensions? For example, if I open a table, I instantly see how many null/empty values there are, min/max values, density, etc (basic statistics for dimension), so I dont need to right click every dimension on the easy qlik viewer?

2. Is there any way to export a selected table in easy qlik viewer to excel? For example, I have this subset of table data:

transaction_idproduct_idpricetotal_price

I want to check if the SUM(price) matches the total_price value. In excel it's very easy to do, so is it possible to somehow export selections fast? Or is there a same way to do it in easy qlik viewer or other third-party program?

3. How to check the key-fields effieciently? Suppose I have x tables, and want to check whether there is a dimensional relationship between them (key fields). My approach is to use the transactions table, then check for potential ID dimensions, and search those values in other tables. But how to import all other tables in order to search the values efficiently?

Thank you,

Juras

1 Reply
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Have you had a look at QlikView Governance Dashboard: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/2.0/Content/Overview-Complexity.htm ?

or the

QV Document Analyzer? Document Analyzer V3.0 Update Available

You would have to create QVW-file(s) to be able to use both tools - but they will give you some or all of the statistics you are looking for.

It is also possible to make a QlikView application that could bring in a table and do your own statistics for that single table rather quickly if you find these tools too much for your purposes.