Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to append data from multiple qvws into one QVD while doing refresh

Hi All,

I have A.QVW. In this i have a table and it has ID and i am taking count(ID) only. my count is:: 100

I am storing into one Sample.QVD.  and also

I have B.QVW. In this i have a table and it has ID and i am taking count(ID) only. my count is:: 200

and i am storing into same QVD (Sample.QVD. )

In final QVD i should get 1st record as :: 100

2nd record as :: 200

But the QVD has only one record i.e.(100 or 200)

If i do refresh A.QVW, i am getting only 100 in Sample.QVD

if i do refresh B.QVW, I am getting 200 in  Sample.QVD .

How to get both records in single QVD i.e. in Sample QVD..

Please help me out this

Thanks in advance

regards

prasnth

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you only store in the qvd the actual data will overwrite the old ones. This meant you will always need to load the qvd-data and adding the new data by probably removing the old-data which are from the current qvw - otherwise your qvd would grow and grow. This meant that you need to add at least a further field which contained the source of the data or maybe a date/timestamp.

A lot more easier would it be just to use two qvd's - what speaks against this approach?

- Marcus

rubenmarin

Hi prasanth, to add records to a qvd you need to read it first into a table, add the new records, and then store the qvd with all the records (old and new).

Seems that the process it's only overwriting the qvd with new data but not loading the old.