Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to avoid repeated reload of the same data!

Hi All,

We maintain yearly database in our application. What I want to do is once I load 2009 database into qlikview and don't want to load 2009 database anymore in qlikview as there may not be any changes in the 2009 database. I will be loading only 2010 database into qlikview as there will be new records as well as updated on too.

Please let me know how can i do this?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use incremental reload concept for do this..

You can find the details in Qlikview help...

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Insert, Update and Delete

The most difficult case to handle is when records are actually deleted from the source database between script executions. The following conditions apply:

• The data source can be any database.

• QlikView loads records inserted into the database or updated in the database after the last script execution.

• QlikView removes records deleted from the database after the last script execution.

• A field ModificationDate (or similar) is required for QlikView to recognize which records are new.

• A primary key field is required for QlikView to sort out updated records from the QVD file.

• This solution will force the reading of the QVD file to "standard mode" (rather than "super-fast mode"), which is still considerably faster than loading the entire database.

Script example:

Let ThisExecTime = Now( );

QV_Table:

SQL SELECT PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM DB_TABLE

WHERE ModificationTime >= #$(LastExecTime)#

AND ModificationTime < #$(ThisExecTime)#;

Concatenate LOAD PrimaryKey, X, Y FROM File.QVD

WHERE NOT EXISTS(PrimaryKey);

Inner Join SQL SELECT PrimaryKey FROM DB_TABLE;

If ScriptErrorCount = 0 then

STORE QV_Table INTO File.QVD;

Let LastExecTime = ThisExecTime;