Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baylor2016
Creator
Creator

How to best re-use Query in Loading script?

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year.

In my loading script, I need to re-use a query many times since all the queries used will depend upon this query. Currently I just copy this query and include in in with statement. It works fine, but if I need change many times if there are any changes made to this query. I think there should be a better way to do it, use QVD or resident load or save this query to a text file? Please advise.

Thanks

Longmatch

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

An Include file could help, have a look at this Blog Post,

The $(Include) which you $(Must_Include) into your toolkit

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

An Include file could help, have a look at this Blog Post,

The $(Include) which you $(Must_Include) into your toolkit

enriquem
Creator
Creator

Hi,

why you don't try to build a qlikView script (qvs) out of your project and at the first of your project call this:

$(Include=..\3.Include\FilePath.qvs);

And finaly in your project you can call all the function, variables o whatever in the qvs.

To learn more about structured Qlik Proyect, I recommended you to see the QlikView Deployment Framework (QDF).

Hope this helps,

Regards.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.
baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

The INCLUDE functions works for me, what is the difference between $(Include) and $(Must_Include)?

baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

qvs and QDF are pretty new to me. I will learn that in the future. Thanks

enriquem
Creator
Creator

The difference between include and must_include is that include will fail silently if the file is not found during script reload, while must_include will throw an error if the file is not found.

Kind Regards,
Enrique Mora.