Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to change the format of the Expression's text?

Hi,

I found there are some properties in expression of the pivot table:Background Color,Text Color, Text Format and so on.

I know how to set color like Red(), but how to make the Text be bold? Which function I should use?

Thanks.

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's pretty simple:

Textformat: '<B>'

don't forget to also use single quotes!! it won't work without them

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

As mentioned by Anita, you can use '<b> <i> <u>' for Bold, Italic and Underlined. You need to specify these settings under Text Format option under the expression. This can be conditional and you can control the format for specific cells. I am attaching the screenshot for you reference.

Bold_Italic.png

Also, you can use the Custom Format for Pivot Table by right clicking on the Pivot Table. You can control the formatting here. But you need enable the Custom formatting from User Preference Settings. I have attached the screenshot for you reference.

Custom_Format.png

I hope  this helps!

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, it works well. Do you know how to set the font size also?

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

properties->font tab

se your font here

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

How to align the text to centre using text format option of the expression?

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Few months back, I've made a video on all the attributes of chart expression.

http://qlikshare.com/328

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

It still doesnt help as '<center>' option doesnt work???

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I don't think it support all the HTML tags. Which chart object are you using? Have you considered using "Alignment" under "Presentation" tab? If you need format a specific field value then you use something as below :

Repeat(CHR(32), 10) & COUNT(CustomerKey)  & Repeat(CHR(32), 10)

This is not a clean solution but it still works. Please provide sample app if this doesn't help.

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

This also doesnt work . i have a combo chart wit bar and line . Bar represent the months and line is mapped to dates.

There is no alignment option under presentation tab and month is an expression which has 'plot values inside segmnets' ticked. if u can see the months are left  aligned

image3.png