Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to compare multiple results coming from the same file

Hi All,

probably there is not an easy solution to my question but I would like to know which is the right way to work on.

In a QV file I am comparing the competitiveness of different products. This analysis is achieved through several sheets where specific items (such as turnover effect, turnover trend, profitability,...) are analysed.

Each item results in a score and all scores are summed to have a rating which represents the rate of competitiveness. So far everything goes well.

The above process should be done for each product.

Problem is I am not able to "freeze" the result for the analysed product and when I restart the analysis for another product then the final result is overwritten with this last one and no comparison is possible

I would like to add a further sheet where QV "stores" each analysed product with its rate to have a final Matrix of comparison among all products.

To work well at this stage I do not need any "choreographic" thing. Just the list of analysed product with relevant results.

Example:

Product A --> I run the process and analysis assigns a rating = 3. This is stored in the last sheet.

Product B --> I restart from the beginning the process and analysis assigns a rating = 7. Also this is stored in the last sheet.

Product C....

Product D....

When all products have been analysed the last sheet shows me this:

Product A = 3

Product B = 7

Product C = 2

Product D = 9

I can understand that Product D is the most competitive.

Any advice?

Thank you all in advance

Massimo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I think the solution to your problem can have it with alternate states.

See this:

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

I think the solution to your problem can have it with alternate states.

See this:

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Enrique,

it could work well. I am currently looking at the potentiality of alternate state.

What I found out by surfing in the web is that "alternate state" needs you to assign the list boxes to a certain state.

Differently I would like to have just the same list boxes which I currently have and which are not assigned to any state.

Only the final result should be assigned to a state.

is that possible or do I need to remanage my file?

Thank you

Massimo