Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect to RedCap

Hello Every one,

I work in HealthCare and am developing a report. The events are recorded in a survey site we use [redcap], exported to excel and then uploaded to qlikview. This whole process is manual and laborious. So, is there any way we can directly connect to RedCap tool using QlikView and export data directly into qlikview. I have tried using QlikREST connector, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Krishna

2 Replies
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Connecting to REDCap APIs with Qlik Sense REST Connector:

The connection was simple but it did require one little feature that wasn’t super-obvious...

Basically, you have to add the Query Header circled in red below – not sure if it has to be the value below or not but I do know that ‘application/x-www-form-urlencoded’ works.

As for the other data, the actual API parameters are in the Request Body in the format you see below (no quotes or spaces, equal symbol between api parameter and its value, ampersands between the key-value pairs). The token does need to be added the string below for it to work.

2019-01-19 19_18_15-FW_ Pulling REDCap data directly into Qliksense - Message (HTML).png

REDCap is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. While REDCap can be used to collect virtually any type of data (including 21 CFR Part 11, FISMA, and HIPAA-compliant environments), it is specifically geared to support online or offline data capture for research studies and operations. The REDCap Consortium, a vast support network of collaborators, is composed of thousands of active institutional partners in over one hundred countries who utilize and support REDCap in various ways.

J8
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you!  This is exactly what i was looking for!