Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to connect user from second domain ?

Hi everybody ,

I have installed QlikView server in Domain01 but I want user from Domain01 and Domain02 can access to my applications .
So in QMC , I add the LDAP://Domain01 and LDAP://Domain02.
In QMC I can add user from Domain02.

My Problem  : It's impossible to connect to acess point with  user from Domain02 but with Domain01 it's work.

Someone can help me please ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No because this is a authentication issue, and authentication (that doesn't make use of Custom xxx DSC's) happens outside of QlikView. Moreover, you're asking QlikView to circumvent Active Directory security by granting Domain02 users access to a server that belongs to Domain01 and to which Domain01 specifically restricts access to Domain01 users only.

There are workarounds however. You could assign Domain02 users an account in the machine domain of the server on which QlikView is installed. Or (in case you have an EE license) you could define Custom accounts for Domain02 users (need two QVWS for that to work).

Peter

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is a user from Domain02 allowed to access the Windows server that is running the access point? You should check this in Windows (AD), Do these domains have a thrust-relationship? Ask your sysadmin if you're not sure.

Peter

Kushal_Chawda

Not applicable
Author

hi Peter ,

Yes there is a trusted relationship with these domains.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What does "impossible to connect" really mean? Do you get an error meesage (which one?) Does your web browser keep on displaying the challenge dialog (where you have to enter your credentials)?

Not applicable
Author

No error message , After validation, the box reappears (as if you had specified a wrong password)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO this has nothing to do with QlikView. Windows doesn't recognise your user.

Did you try logging in as domainname\username and password?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

in management console go to system->setup->qlikview webservers

click on the node then on the right click on General

at the bottom you have to add directory server connector to your second active directory of your second domain

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable
Author

I checked with the sysadmin , in fact there is not a trusted relationship between my two domains...
And for many reasons , he doesn't want to create it.
Qlik have no solution for this situation ?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No because this is a authentication issue, and authentication (that doesn't make use of Custom xxx DSC's) happens outside of QlikView. Moreover, you're asking QlikView to circumvent Active Directory security by granting Domain02 users access to a server that belongs to Domain01 and to which Domain01 specifically restricts access to Domain01 users only.

There are workarounds however. You could assign Domain02 users an account in the machine domain of the server on which QlikView is installed. Or (in case you have an EE license) you could define Custom accounts for Domain02 users (need two QVWS for that to work).

Peter