Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create TOTAL value in a breakdown bar chart?

Hi All,

I would like to create a chart with multiple dimensions stacked bar chart with the break down of each
product as well as the TOTAL of that dimensions combination. I tried many ways but still unable to achieve this.

If the chart is a single dimension one, then it is easy to get the result by creating another expression
with TOTAL formula, but this method doesn't fit for multiple dimensions. Anyone has idea about this?

Refer to the screen shot below, the top chart is the single dimension chart that can display correctly.

But bottom chart is a mess after applied the second dimension - Month into the chart.

ChartTotalSample.jpg

I attached a sample QVW
from another post as an example.

Many thanks

HL

4 Replies
udit_kumar_sana
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

Pls find the attached qvw for the solution

Thanks & Regards,

Udit

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Udit.

Actually, I proposed these 2 solutions as well, but it is not approved because of the following reason:

1) Using "TEXT on Axis" in the total expression.

- I found that the value on the Axis has bug as it messed around after a few click. This is agreed by support and it happens in all the version including QV11.2 SR4 (11.20.12129). The case has been passed to R&D with ID 67007. (FYI)

2) An extra expression with the bar color to be white / transparent or invisible.

- This actually works OK but people don't like the number floating in the air here and there. Users prefer the total stick with each bar just like the first chart above.

That's why i would like to see if any other methods in order to achieve this.

Thanks again

HL

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You just need to change the presentation of expression "total" as "bar" in Properties--Expressions tab, in "Display Options" section.

PFA. Hope it helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shyamal.

Yours is the same as what Udit suggested.

Thanks again