Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a bar chart and sort it by results Descending?

Hi,

I am trying to recreate the following chart in QlikView from Excel (see attachment)

But I am unable to sort it the same way, I cannot use the Expression that I used to created it. How can I have the same chart?

Please let me know.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have you tried a sorting to the y-axis? Otherwise it would be useful if you provides a small example application.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank you for your help. The y-axis sort it's not working for the field that I am using.

Those are my fields: FYQTR that will only have FY2017-Q1 and Product that will have the count of products used by that quarter.

The first Dimension is FYQTR and Product the second one, if I use the y-axis in this combination didn't work.

If I change the order of the dimensions, it worked but didn't display it as needed. I need the combination as the situation one but display the chart this:

The second situation display it correctly, but will display each product:

I need this but using the FYQTR field as primary.

marcus_sommer

If your dimension FYQTR contained for your chart only one field-value then you could removed it and only use Product as a single dimension.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, but there won't be different colors and the names of the products won't be placed on the each bar.

marcus_sommer

It sounds that you have disabled the names of your dimension product - take a look on the tab dimension. If you want a different coloring for each bar you could use an attribut-expression (small plus-sign by the dimensions respectively expressions and there you choose background-color) with an expression like: color(rowno()) which will take the colors from your tab colors - but you could also choose other ways like: Colors in charts.

- Marcus