Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jworthulf
Creator
Creator

How to create a calculated dimension for DOW

I'd like to create a dynamic dimension for each day of the week, to show the average pounds shipped on that day when I select my time period.  

I've created the measure using Avg(aggr(sum(LBs),VENDOR,fiscal_week,DOW)).

Now I'd like to create a dimensions for each day so I can see the average lbs for every day of the week....

I'm thinking I should be able to do this using a valuelist, pick, and match functions but I'm not sure how to set to go about setting this up.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

John, can you set a example here? When you mean "day", you mean : just the number (1 to 31), the complete date, the day in year.

RS

jworthulf
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rodolfo,

I'm referring to the day in terms of Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs.....

Anil_Babu_Samineni

When we talk about ValueList() it shows always static that i don't prefer to use. But in your way if you want forcibly try this

Calculated Dimension

ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun')

And Expression looks like

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Mon', Measure for Monday,

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Tue', Measure for Tuesday,

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Wed', Measure for Wednesday,

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Thu', Measure for Thursday,

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Fri', Measure for Friday,

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Sat', Measure for Saturday,

If(ValueList('Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun') = 'Sun', Measure for Sunday)))))))

So, My approach is an If we have option called WeekDay(DateField) as WeekDay may produce as needs,

Dimension as WeekDay

Expression as

Pick(Match(WeekDay, 'Mon','Tue','Wed',Thu',Fri','Sat','Sun'), 'Measure for Monday',Measure for Tuesday',Measure for Wednesday',Measure for Thursday',Measure for Friday',Measure for Saturday'Measure for Sunday')

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't you create a field this way?

weekday(date) as DOW

then use DOW as a dimension of your chart or table, this way, no matter which selection, it will calculate the expression for each day of week.

RS