Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III

How to create connection between Qlik Sense to Qlik View

Hi,

I am trying to use the Qlik view already existing data model in Qlik Sense by dragging it into Qlik Sense Desktop hub.

but when i am trying to load the file it is giving me an error as Connection Not Found in QlikView. Below given is the file

LOAD Policy_no,

Year,

Month,

Channel

FROM

[lib://Qlikview\Issuance_1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Issuance);

Can you pl help to resolve issue.

Thanks in Advance.

stalwar1

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Lib:// connection for sense where as Qlikview you need to use as

LOAD Policy_no,

Year,

Month,

Channel

FROM

[Path//Qlikview\Issuance_1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Issuance);

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Create a folder connection to the folder having mentioned Excel file and then use that connection in your script.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The most straightforward way of using a QlikView data model in Qlik Sense is by using a BINARY load of the QVW-file. Have you considered that option?

pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks All for your suggestion..

I am trying to load as BINARY load as suggested by Petter but i am getting following error.

Can you pl help.

Thanks in Advance

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Unless you have switched Qlik Sense to not use standard mode you will get this error message.

So you have the option of either:

- Disable standard mode: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

or

- Define a LIB folder that points to the folder that the QVW-file is in and then use the LIB://<libname>/SUMMARY.QVW.

pra_kale
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your help Petter. As i am trying it first time i am finding little bit difficult..

I am following below given steps to create new connection..

1) I am clicking on Create new connection

2) Through "All files" i am creating a connection & connection is also get's created

Screen shot is attached..you can see the summary.qvw file.

But what steps needs to be followed afterwords by which data get's imported.

Can you pl help..

Thanks in Advance