Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecrobles18
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create to and from calander objects and, how do you filter data with these multiple selections?

Hello All,

I am facing the issue where I have setup two calendar objects to select dates from and to yet when I make the selections my report will not filter down to the data that I al looking for. I have utilized variables and set the min and max on both but when I make the selections the variable changes per my selection. For example, I set my default start date to 01-Jan-2016 by using a variable and the to date to by setting a variable =Today() then, I used the min and max of my date field and when I make my selections nothing changes on the bar chart associated to the data but the variable dates have changed in the variable overview. As I have explained I have set both variables in the report yet nothing seems to adjust once I have made the selections only the value of my variables change. Is there some way I can anchor down the value of those variables? If I insert a list box I can make a selection based on my Date.Ship and everything adjusts. Am I doing something wrong or is this not an option? Please help.

This is for my from calendar object.

This is from my to calendar object.

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It seems you are able to set your From & To variables, but how should a table or a chart know that it must take those variables into account? Do you use set analysis to force a table reduction to only use transactions that fall in this From/To-range?

Also note that once you select a Date.Ship value in a listbox (or in a table or anywhere else, for example by selecting another field value that through associative logic reduces Date.Ship to fewer values), your From/To-calendars will reduce themselves too because of the Min Value/Max Value expressions that get re-evaluated. I think you should add entire set {1} to each Min/Max expression, like in

=min( {1} Date.Ship )

and

=max( {1} Date.Ship )

in order to make them immune to any other selection .

Best,

Peter

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni