Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mall1m
Partner - Contributor III

How to disable security macro check in QV12 ?

Dear all,

I'm trying to find information on a way to disable macro security check on several computer (2 or 3 hundreds) in QV12

Before QV12, it was possible to set some value in user's computer registry to remove this popup

QlikTip #19: Suppressing Macro-Security (Module Security) Dialog on QlikView-Server/QlikView-Documen...

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\", 1, "REG_SZ"

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\", 1, "REG_SZ"

WshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings for Qlikview Servers\Module Script System\yourserverid", "", "REG_SZ"

My customer tell me it doesn't work anymore with QV12 and he has to change manually the user settings in

D:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

Can you confirm that ? I have no possibility to test it and I didn't find any recent post on the subject

Is there a change in the registry key or is it possible in any way to remove this prompt on all computer ?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
mall1m
Author

Workaround has been applied by customer:

- as they are working on citrix, they deleted all user profile, including the settings.ini file (one by one, a bit long)

- they create a default one on which they deactivate the pop up prompt

- they copy this file in the corresponding "default user" folder

>> as the profile is deleted, each time a user try to connect to citrix, it create a new user profile, using the "default user" folder which include the settings.ini

nevertheless, any information regarding the registry modification is welcome