Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecrobles18
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to display only the timestamp from a date?

Currently I have a table with multiple date fields that contain a timestamp. I have been asked to separate these two values into separate fields. To isolate the date in the table I have used date(floor(datefield)) and it has worked as it should however, I have used timestamp(datefield) to isolate the timestamp and it seems to be working for only one date. All the other date fields are returning 12:00 am for the timestamp. I should also mention that I have changed the number format to time and still nothing. Below I have provided an example of the issue I am facing. Any help can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Time should be showing up as 9:12:25 AM

Time shows up correctly and I have used the same function to isolate time.

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Time(Frac([Receive Dt])) as Receive_Time

ecrobles18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So, essentially I would have to script this in order get the result I am looking for?

sunny_talwar

My bad, I think the issue might be that those dates don't have time component attached to them. The way you can check the time component is by adding a num() function and see if the number is an integer or decimal. If it is decimal, then you do have time component, else you just have date with no time.