Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to do a "lookup" based on InputField value?

II need QV to go do a "lookup" based on the value the user enters into an InputField to extract a corresponding value from another table. How do I go do a "lookup" based on the user input into an InputField?

10 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Have you had a look into the LOOKUP-function available in QV?

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Yes, the lookup function is only an interrecord function that can be used during the load script. I need the "lookup" to happen after the user changes the InputField value, and I need to lookup to occur based on the new value the user has entered into the InputField.

prieper
Master II
Master II

You are right - have never worked with it. On the fly there is a quick combination possible of FieldValue and FieldIndex - see the example, which may help a bit

Peter

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Another approach:

=only({1<Item={'$(=sLook4)'}>} Val)

Not applicable
Author

Very interesting, I think this will work, I should have thought of this - arg! I'll give this a shot and get right back with ya... THANKS!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

hope my problem's solution lies here....

i have a column having values 20,30,40.....100

want to have user input a value in input box, say 25.....then the column shud show only the data where column>25

Regards

Not applicable
Author

qlik techie, how did you solve your problem? I have the same

Andrea_Ghirardello

Do you mean something like the attached example?

Write ">1250" or "<1400" in the condition and the chart will show only data that fulfil the condition.

Obviously, if the operator is known and you want to input only the value, you can "move" the operator from the condition into the expression.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

In my case It should be more like a vlookup function, but from the declaration of the input from somebody

In my case I am looking for some value depending on the range of a sum insured.

i.e.

Table A

Sum Insured from      Sum Insured to     Factor

10,000                      19,999                            .1

20,000                      29,999                            .7

30,000                      39,999                            .8

40,000                      100,000                           .9

"If the client inputs $34,000", the value to use will be .8

regards