Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to drill through from one sheet to another?

Hi

How do you drill from one sheet to another? I have a summary sheet with a line chart and when I select the dimensional value I would like to filter and drill to the detailed sheet that contains a detailed table of information.

Note I have the personal version and will require a sample line of code/trigger (I cannot open other's projects).

Thank you for your time!

2 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Line chart does not have triggers/actions but you can put a small text box with action that takes you to another sheet.

Be aware that if you use filter this may not longer by valid as the filtered values maybe net where the textboxes are.

To create textbox with trigger:

Create Textbox object

Go To Propertiies>Actions-->Add-->Layout-->Activate Sheet-->Ok---Add Sheet ID

Or you can add a Fast Change button to switch from chart to table.

This will convert chart to table not to give more details about the dimensional values

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the prompt reply Robert.

I was able to get the textbox working, thanks. Is there no way to do this directly by selecting data within any chart (instead of first selecting the data and then selecting the text box, essentially limiting one step)? How about using sheet triggers are those capable of doing this desired action?