Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robinwiman
Creator
Creator

How to exclude just 1 value with set analysis?

So I'm familiar with sets like:

{$<Country = {"*"} - {'Sweden'}>}

{$<Country -= {'Sweden'}>}

But what this also means that I will get ALL other contries except Sweden, what if I have 5 countries showing, 10 possible, and now I want to make sure that Sweden is never shown. How can I exclude it, while still allowing a filter for the others?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You might need to combine the two modifiers into one

Sum({<[Store Type2] = {'Concept', 'SiS', 'Soft shop'}, Country -= {'Sweden'}>} If(WildMatch(SeasonCalc, vCurrentSeasonCalc), Fsgantal*Shoes))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

This should do it (your second modifier)

{$<Country -= {'Sweden'}>}
robinwiman
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your response.
Still, it will then show ALL other countries but Sweden.
I don't want to reverse the selection, I just want Sweden to not show in this particular table. When I use {$<Country -= {'Sweden'}>} it will show over 40 countries I have available. With no set analysis, the table will show only 5 countries (these are the only ones I want to show, since they have a sales value).
sunny_talwar

So, {$<Country -= {'Sweden'}>} should exclude Country = Sweden with or without selection. But will also exclude Countries which are not in your current selection. Is this not what you want?

robinwiman
Creator
Creator
Author

This is my expression:
Sum ( {<[Store Type2] = {'Concept','SiS','Soft shop'} >} {$<Country -= {'Sweden'}>} If(WildMatch(SeasonCalc, vCurrentSeasonCalc),Fsgantal*Shoes))
sunny_talwar

You might need to combine the two modifiers into one

Sum({<[Store Type2] = {'Concept', 'SiS', 'Soft shop'}, Country -= {'Sweden'}>} If(WildMatch(SeasonCalc, vCurrentSeasonCalc), Fsgantal*Shoes))
marcus_sommer

Try it with:

{$<Country *= {"*"} - {'Sweden'}>}
   or maybe
{$<Country = p({< Country -= {'Sweden'}>} Country)>}

- Marcus

robinwiman
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. I was missing to put them both in the same set. This works.