Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to execute a stored procedure against each value in a table

I am reading from an Oracle database and building a Qlikview table.  Recently the data for one of the columns changed, wherein I need to now call a stored procedure, more specifically the function from an Oracle Package, to obtain the value for each per record.

My question is how can I call the stored procedure for each record coming into the Qlikview table?  I've tried using "SQL EXECUTE" to call the stored procedure within the SELECT in Qlikview Script, but that is failing with "FROM keyword not found where expected".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

please post the script

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I answered to a question for a call to Oracle stor proc here

Re: Oracle procedure with refcursor

Try first with one call and, when it works, loop on the resident table and (peek can be useful) and call the proc for every record

Hope to understand your question

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Maxgro.

I reviewed your link, but wasn't sure how to implement what you discussed for my situation in the original call or the resident table.  I tried using the Select on the package.function below, but it failed for me.  Can you show me how to make this work based on my example below.  Note the call to the package.function syntax below is the only syntax i've been able to get to work against the target DB.

// example load

MyTable:

LOAD

SELECT

MY_COLUMN // value to call MY_FUNCTION with

FROM MY_TABLE;

// example package.function call that works in QV

SELECT PKG.MY_FUNCTION(123) FROM DUAL;