Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisco_marti
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to execute a task(QMC) from a variable?

Hi.

I want to execute a task after a date closing period. I record a value=1 in a txt file if the day(today) is EQUAL than the closing period date. So if this happens i would like a task to be execute in the QMC, may be reading this value=1 and then triggering the task...

I have searched and I haven't found any solutions in QMC Supporting task because I understand that this section is to execute a third party, it isn't for executing a task, am I right?

Can anybody help me, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
francisco_marti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your quick response.

I'll look up for a solution using EDX, it's the ideal solution but for now, we're going to make a dirty solution:

1- Make a qvw to read the value we need. If it is 1 we forced an error to the task, if it is 0 the qvw execution will complete.

2- Make a task pointing to this qvw. It will be executed and it will give us a Status. If it is Failed, the next task will be executed and if it gives Completed nothing will happen. Through this way we only execute the document once in the month and after the value is changed to 1.

3- Of course we control the value to switch again to 0.

We have tested it and it works!

As I say it is a dirty solution but it is a saving time solution as we don't know much about .NET languages.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

I don't think you can do that, with the QMC, it has only predifined Triggers..

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

But you can still take a look at this: External Event in Trigger

maybe you can configure something with that

francisco_marti
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your quick response.

I'll look up for a solution using EDX, it's the ideal solution but for now, we're going to make a dirty solution:

1- Make a qvw to read the value we need. If it is 1 we forced an error to the task, if it is 0 the qvw execution will complete.

2- Make a task pointing to this qvw. It will be executed and it will give us a Status. If it is Failed, the next task will be executed and if it gives Completed nothing will happen. Through this way we only execute the document once in the month and after the value is changed to 1.

3- Of course we control the value to switch again to 0.

We have tested it and it works!

As I say it is a dirty solution but it is a saving time solution as we don't know much about .NET languages.

Thanks again!