Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter automatically a chart or table?

Hi,

I will like to display a chart for last 6 months, 12 months, 3 months, I have performed this manually:

=Count({$<YR_Cal={2016}, Month={">06"} >} AutoID)

Each month, I should update this expression. How can I update the expression to have the same result, each month automatically, I mean that I don't need to update the expression and it will be calculated automatically.

I have fields as YYYY-MM, Fiscal Year-Quarter (FYYYYY-Q#), created date (full date).

Thank's in advanced for your help.

26 Replies
sunny_talwar

In the script, you can do like this

LOAD Date(MonthStart(Date#(YRMON, 'YYYY-MM')), 'YYYY-MM') as YRMON

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How can I do something similar but by quarters, having the FYQTR with values as F2016-Q1?

sunny_talwar

Do what exactly? use it to create last 6 months or make it read as a date in QlikView?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have the following expression:

=Count({$<YR={2017}, QTR={">=01"} >}  AutoID)

In this example I stored the month and quarter in two different fields.

What I need is that always display the latest one, and in another chart the last 4 of them, the field is called FYQTR and the values are FY2016-Q1.

I have tried something like this to display the latest one:

=Count({1< FYQTR = {"$(=MaxString(FYQTR))"}>} AutoID)

But it's not working.

sunny_talwar

You only need the most recent fiscal quarter in this new chart?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I need on chart for the most recent fiscal quarter and another chart for the last 4

sunny_talwar

I would use your date fields instead of quarter fields to get last 1 quarter. The reason I say is that is because dates in set analysis is already a little complicated and adding fiscal year field (which is most likely a text field) can complicate things. I would suggest you to look at this thread:

Dates in Set Analysis

If you still continue to have issue, I would suggest you to share a sample so that one of us can help you better.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I will take a look and if I have problems I will open a new post. Can you please tell me which would be the best way to call the highest FYQTR value as the =Count({1< FYQTR = {"$(=MaxString(FYQTR))"}>} AutoID) is not working?

sunny_talwar

This should have worked... can you check what you get when you just use this in a text box object

=MaxString(FYQTR)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No data to display is the result of that.