Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to find maximum value of an aggregated expression?

Hi All

I have the following graph with

Dimensions: Country, GLOBAL_ITEM_ID and Yr_Wk_Frcst and I need to output the maximum value of the 2 expressions in a texbox:

I need edit below expression to retrieve maximum value 8605 of Expression number 1:

sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

I need edit below expression to retrieve maximum value 19.3 of Expression number 2:

(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))/sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}SHIPMENT_AVG_3_WEEKS),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst)))*5

Can you please help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this in the text box object now (Added Country as the dimension like above)

=Max({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst, Country))

Still need to figure out why the second one isn't working. Is 27.6 the max value from all the rows in the table below?

View solution in original post

22 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Expression1 could be like

MAX({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

And your second maybe

=

Max( Aggr(

(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}

Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

/

sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}

Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}SHIPMENT_AVG_3_WEEKS),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

)*5

,GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

or

=

Max( Aggr(

sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT)

/

sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}SHIPMENT_AVG_3_WEEKS) *5

,GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

sunny_talwar

May be these:

Max({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))

Max(Aggr((Sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))/Sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}SHIPMENT_AVG_3_WEEKS),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst)))*5, Country, GLOBAL_ITEM_ID, Yr_Wk_Frcst))

Not applicable
Author

THanks Dear Swuehl and Sunny.. both your expressions are kinda working and give same results. But the good maximum valuesin my graphs are different.

I've tried your expressions to retrieve the max values and the results are as follows:

Maximum value of First Expression given is 11985

Maximum value of Second Expression given is 19.94

However, according to my graphs for each country, the max value which i see visually on the graphs are:

For First Expression: value 8605

For Second Expression: value 27.6

Did i omit a condition in my max expressions?

sunny_talwar

Try using these formulas in the straight table and see what values you get for the total column:

1) Max({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst, Country))

2) Max(Aggr((Sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst))/Sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)+10)"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}SHIPMENT_AVG_3_WEEKS),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst)))*5, Country, GLOBAL_ITEM_ID, Yr_Wk_Frcst))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you checked also the values not currently visible (using the scroll bar)?

Not applicable
Author

Hi i've tried the straight table and i get the results below:

sunny_talwar

Try this in the text box object now (Added Country as the dimension like above)

=Max({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"}, OPE_WEK=,OPE_YY=>}Aggr(sum({<Period_Week_Counter={">=$(=max(Period_Week_Counter)-2) <$(=max(Period_Week_Counter))"},OPE_WEK=, OPE_YY=>}STK_QT),GLOBAL_ITEM_ID,Yr_Wk_Frcst, Country))

Still need to figure out why the second one isn't working. Is 27.6 the max value from all the rows in the table below?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl yes ive checked the scrollbar and the max value i've mentionned is correct