Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III

How to find the last occurrence in a time period ?

I have [income]- (REVENUE) table of accounts, each account can have multiple instances in a year ( and in a Quarter and in a Month ) . how can I find the last occurrence of all the accounts in a time period  (and then summarize all of these latest occurrences) ?

i need something like the chart below : the dark green is the sum of the first revenue for each account in a year ( the dark brown is the last ...).

the model contain fact table , dimension scd2 table ( and translate colors table ) - see attached file.

last first rev 4 accounts.PNG

thanks!

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Look up the FirstSortedValue function in the help file. It sounds like that's what you're looking for. If you need more help then please post a small qlikview document that illustrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
subbareddykm
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

How did you create this , its looking awesome look,  If you don't mine Can you share sample app .?

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi  subbareddykm , its from tabular-model , we are trying to see the ability of QV  to produce a similar aggr members. thanks.

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi Gysbert , i did try to use the function and i got nise result as you can see below ,

but if i want to sum the first occurrence of all the accounts in a time period of a year by using 

fsv  =  ( FirstSortedValue(revenue,revenue_date) ) something goes wrong and i get empty result  ,

i need to insert the account factor but how to do it i steel dont know, if tou or any body have a way to solve this it will be great , thanks and sorry about the small image.

qv fsv.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You probably want to sum a list of fsv results. That's an aggregation of a list of aggregations, so you need to use the aggr function: sum(aggr(FirstSortedValue(revenue, revenuedate), account))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert , you are very helpfull ! thanks ,

i added the year of revenue_date because i need the this dimension on the chart and its work :

=  sum ( aggr(FirstSortedValue(revenue,  revenue_date), account , y_revenue_date )  ) ,

I wonder if  we can do the calculation dynamically  - so we can change the level of the year to quarter or month, and we'll still get the desired result..

any way I learned from you a lot.