Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

How to form the Chaining between 2 Qvws...?

Hi Experts,

we have a Different Situation in our Application , we are excited to do this but facing some issues while implementing it..

my present app is too big with 8 sheets , so we decided to separate 4 sheets which are displaying different information

so right now we have 2 apps with each 4 sheets..

A1 , A2

B1 , B2

C1 , C2

D1 , D2

apps are separated like A1 , B1 , C1 , D1  sheets are in one app , and remaining sheets are in another group.

we are maintaining  buttons for every sheet to go to its respective sheet like A1 sheet contains A2 button. vice versa..

Now the Problem is using Actions we are able to Navigate between 2 apps , but the Problem is Selections are not Moving ,

suppose am selecting Year and Month in A1 sheet , then I moved to A2 but no selections effected in A2...

How to over come this...

Please  respond if you know the Solution for this..

thanks In advance..

Regards

Vishal.

4 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Vishual,

I presume that you are using an action (External->Open Qlikview Document) on the button that opens the second qvw, but you need to enable Transfer State, that's what transfer the selections to the 2nd file.

Hope this helps.

Andy

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Andrew WhitField,

I enabled that but no use , the selections are not transferred to other Qvw file

Suppose I select one year  and One Agent name But when I go it its Corresponding  Qvw file , there are No selections Available..

Please help on this As we are facing this issue From last Week..

Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Vishal

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

it's supposed to be work with the above suggested setting,see the following description from Referral manual

"

Open QlikView Document1

Opens the specified QlikView Document. The file extension

must be included. Mark the check box Transfer State

to transfer the selections from the original document to the

1.Not available as document and sheet trigger!

one you wish to open. The opened document will first be

cleared of selections. Mark Apply state on top of current

to retain the second document’s selections and apply the

original document’s selections on top of them.

"