Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to get IntervalMatch Working Correctly

I am having trouble getting my IntervalMatch function to work properly. I have posted my script below.

My end goal is to join the %SessionKey% from the Actions table to the Sessions table. I am trying to do this by first matching the Action Timestamp to the correct Session_Start and Session_End Interval. I need to add a key to the IntervalMatch in order to make the records more unique, which is why %IntervalKey_Actions% and %IntervalKey_Sessions% were created. Once the correct timestamp and key are associated on the Sessions table I want to then left join in the %SessionKey%. When I run my script below I get two synthetic tables. Any help on how to solve this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Actions:

LOAD

tmpDate&'-'&UPPER([Action Document])&'-'&UPPER([Action User]) as %IntervalKey_Actions%,

[Action Timestamp],

%SessionKey%

Resident tmp2_Actions;

Drop table tmp2_Actions;

Sessions:

LOAD

Session_Date&'-'&UPPER(Document_Name)&'-'&UPPER(UserId) as %IntervalKey_Sessions%,

Session_Start,

Session_End

Resident tmpSessions;

IntervalMatch:

Intervalmatch([Action Timestamp],%IntervalKey_Actions%)

Load Session_Start, Session_End, %IntervalKey_Sessions% as %IntervalKey_Actions%

Resident tmpSessions;

Drop Table tmpSessions;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was an oversight on my part. I had two keys in one table which was causing duplication of records on the Session table after the IntervalMatch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarcoWedel

please post some sample data and your expected result

thanks

regards

Marco

MarkMV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was an oversight on my part. I had two keys in one table which was causing duplication of records on the Session table after the IntervalMatch.