Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nivas30kumar
Contributor
Contributor

How to get old data with Reload time in Qlikview

Hi Team,

I want to fetch 24-10-2019 data in my Qlikview file with old Reload time(), if i run report today also i need to get the Reload time as 24-10-2019. Is there any possibility we can change the Reload time to old date.

Ex: If we are fetching the Data in report is for month of SEP which was ran the report on 24-10-2019, in the same  way now if run the report for tomorrow i need same data should be displayed for 24-10-2019  with Reload time function.

Please help me on this Issue......

Thank you,

Nivas. 

2 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Nivas,

Unfortunately, you cannot reconstruct historical snapshot of data with native Qlik functionality. The ReloadTime function will simply display what's the time of the last reload.

You can however load data Up to a certain date. But there is no guarantee the data you loaded as of 24th of Oct is the same as the date Up to 24th of Oct. Often there are historical changes impacting the numbers.

If this is an issue you expect to face in the future (and the volume of data is not significant), you may want to consider storing your QVDs with a timestamp to avoid them being overwritten during reloads.

Kind regards,

S.T.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Srinivas, just going to toss out something along the lines of where Stoyan was headed with things that I hope may help you pull together a plan that will work for you:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QVD_Incremental...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Overview-of-Qlik-Incremental-Loading/ba-p/1466780

Hopefully this may help a bit further.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.