Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get the last value for one column in pivot table

hello,

i would like to get in a pivot table the last value for one column, i mean the last value loaded depending on the dimension i see in the pivot table

This is the source table loaded in this order:

siteproductversionqty
CETA110
LLTA15
LLTB37
LLTB28
PFTC412
PFTC39

I would like to get the last value for the column "version" but i don't know how to do

This is what i expect :

SiteProductVersionSum(qty)
CETA110
LLTA15
LLTB215
PFTC321

and when i collapse the product level, i would like to see

SiteVersionSum(qty)
CET110
LLT220
PFT321

Any ideas ? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello! Gilles,

as per my understandind ....You dont have any field that identify the latest value. if you have any field that identify that, the perticular entry is latest . then you can able to get your require output.

Thank you...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Your load statement should be as follow.

Load Site,

Product,

Max(Version) as Version,

sum(Qty) as Summary_Qty

From ...................

Group by Site, Product;

If your version is numeric, you can follow the above method. Else you can use FristValue() function to achieve the same.

Hope this may help you.

- Sridhar

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

HI Gilles,

Can you explain...What you xactly want to do .

Regards

Sunil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sridhar,

thank you for your reply. Is it the only way to do it in the load statement ?

i would prefer a solution in the report. the example i gave you is quite simple but in the real life my application is more complex and i have thousand of records with a time dimension. so each time i select in the report the time (year, month, day), i would like the report recalcule the last value of the column.

i don't see how i can deal with the load : meaning i must load lastvalue() for each combination of selection in my report (seems difficult)

please let me know your thought.

thanks. Gilles

Not applicable
Author

Hello! Gilles,

as per my understandind ....You dont have any field that identify the latest value. if you have any field that identify that, the perticular entry is latest . then you can able to get your require output.

Thank you...

Not applicable
Author

ok i finally find the solution to my problem.

i use the function FirstSortedValue(Version, -date) in the chart. the minus gives the lastsorted value. Date is what i have called the time dimension (year, month, day) which is loaded with others datas

thanks