Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get unique values in list box from two different fields

HI All , I am attaching a qvw whihc has two list box ,, Act Users and Auth Users. I would like to have one list box with unique values from both. I think we could do using set analysis ,but not sure how.

field A ( Listbox)        fieldB ( listbox)

user1                              user1

user2                              user3

user3                              user5

Desired list box with values from both

Thanks

8 Replies
sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

In your attached qvw file you are using nocontatanate .. can you replace it to Concatanate ?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

For this you need to append up the two fields as one .

See the sample

Not applicable
Author

I would like to do it on front end side and by using concatenate, it will duplicate them

Not applicable
Author

Thnaks for the reply,, but i would like to do it on front end and even with this append, respective Application is blank.

I want Application selection box should work for each unique value

Not applicable
Author

Even if you concatenate two fields, it is going to display unique values in listbox.

To load unique values in script, use where not exist function.

Not applicable
Author

Basicall this is what i want

example.png

Not applicable
Author

Ok, firstly, logically this does not make sense. If a field value says the same value i.e. User8, and this is joined on a common field in your table design, then clicking on User8 will either has to render value User1 from AuthUser available or User15 from ActUser available. This is impossible to do as your design logically does not know how to interpret that selection.

With that in mind, you cannot create a working logically defined list box on 2 field values based on your design. The only way would be to do this in script with a link table. But since you are adamant on doing this in the front end, this is what you can get. A list box with all values from both, but it is unselectable and cannot interact with your document. In your list box, write this expression.

=Valuelist($(=Concat(DISTINCT chr(39)&AuthUser&chr(39),',')),$(=Concat(DISTINCT chr(39)&ActUser&chr(39),',')))

Since both list boxes already show you what is available and what is not, I still dont understand why you would want to do this. Explain the reason behind it, and maybe we can find a better approach for you

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have 2 list box:

Project                        Project 1

Project 1                     Project 2

Project 2                     Project 4

Project 3                     Project 5

I want to display 1 text box displaying common values and unique values from both the list box ex:

common value of 2 box are : Project 2

unique value of Project: Project 1, Project 3

unique value of Project 1: Project 4, Project 5

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance