Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to have different Reference Lines for Expressions that are grouped, what Reference Line Condition and/or Expression can be used?

How to have different Reference Lines for Expressions that are grouped, what Reference Line Condition and/or Expression can be used?

The following are grouped as an expression:

exp1: Sum([# Departures Performed])

exp2: Sum([# Transported Passengers])

expr3: Sum([# Transported Freight])

exp4: Sum([# Transported Mail])

Wondered if could use the Reference Line feature on the Presentation tab to display different reference lines depending on which expression is being shown in the cycle.

This possible, any ideas?

Thanks,

D

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe I am missing a simple solution using grouped expressions.

Instead of using grouped expressions, you can try using conditional expressions, and re-use the variable / field used to trigger the condtion in the reference line expression.

[edit]: Another possible solution might be this, suggested by John some time ago:

http://community.qlik.com/message/8165#8165

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the comment.  I will give the conditional expression a look since I have not done much there previously.

I did think about using the GetCurrentField solution and have the group in a dimension versus an expression.  I did something like that in a QA dashboard I build a couple years ago.

This is not currently a requirement, I was trying to understand if I was missing something or not with easy solution for Reference Lines.

Don

ivanmorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Djschafe

I believe that the answer is the following:

1) Go to the chart properties and click on the expression tab.

2) Click on the expression Sum([# Departures Performed]) (or whichever label you choose) on the expression square of the upper left corner.

3) Once the expression is highlighted, go to the presentations tab and click on the Add... button on Reference Lines.

4) Set the Location to Primary Y and the expression to the value you want to enter (no need to put the expression, just enter the value). Then click OK twice

You can do the same procedure for the other expressions, this will apply a different reference line per chart.

Hope it helps!

Best,

Iván