Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marieclaire
Creator
Creator

How to insert a line break between 2 values in a bar chart ? (qlikview)

Hi the community,

Is it possible to insert a line break between the 2 values in a bar chart ?

Here I  use  the expression :

=dual(num(sum( {$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]/1000000),'#0 M') &
' (' & num(
(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2]),'##.0%') & ')',

num(sum( {$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]/1000000) )
+(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2]) )

I thought i could use "&chr(10)&", but it does not work.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help.
bar chart.PNG

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Usually it worked in this way. Did you try:

=dual(num(sum( {$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]/1000000),'#0 M') & chr(10) &
num(
(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2]),'(##.0%)'),

sum( {$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]/1000000)
+(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2])))

- Marcus

View solution in original post

marcus_sommer

Maybe this behaviour is release-dependent - for me in QV 11.2 it worked. To exclude any problems with your specific chart and any possible issues in regard to the settings there - create a new one with any small dimension maybe years and an expression like:

dual('a' & chr(10) & 'b' & chr(13) & 'c' & chr(10) & chr(13) & 'd', 1)

If this worked just add a second dimension and choose stacked bars and further settings step by step and you will see if any of these steps prevent the linebreak.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcus_sommer

Usually it worked in this way. Did you try:

=dual(num(sum( {$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]/1000000),'#0 M') & chr(10) &
num(
(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2]),'(##.0%)'),

+(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2])))

- Marcus

marieclaire
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Marcus,

Yes i tried it but it does not work.

marcus_sommer

What happens - no change, an error with the bars/values, wrong values or anything else? The number-format from tab Numbers is on expression?

marieclaire
Creator
Creator
Author

the error message is "no data to display"

bar chart result.PNG

marieclaire
Creator
Creator
Author

Regarding the format, in the properties => 'default format' is selected

marcus_sommer

Ok, remove the last bracket from the expression which is too much for a valid syntax. I was confused from all your brackets and didn't saw that the second sum() within the numeric-part was additionally wrapped with brackets - in this way they are superfluous. Are you sure that the 3 sum() parts are calculated in the wanted order?

- Marcus

marieclaire
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes i had already removed the bracket.

Now the expression is

num(
(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2]),'(##.0%)')

+(sum({$<Année=, Mois=, Média>}[ts Visites_supp2]))/sum( {$<Année=,Mois=,Média=>} TOTAL <Année>[ts Visites_supp2]))

and does not work.

I confirm you that the expression first calculates the Millions of visites in this format  '#0 M'.

Then it calculates the % of visits .

Thank you for your help.

marcus_sommer

Maybe this behaviour is release-dependent - for me in QV 11.2 it worked. To exclude any problems with your specific chart and any possible issues in regard to the settings there - create a new one with any small dimension maybe years and an expression like:

dual('a' & chr(10) & 'b' & chr(13) & 'c' & chr(10) & chr(13) & 'd', 1)

If this worked just add a second dimension and choose stacked bars and further settings step by step and you will see if any of these steps prevent the linebreak.

- Marcus