Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to label and sort within a group?

Hi every one,

I am bumping on a thing that is probably little. Let's consider a set of data as such:

Section_name - ID - Date - Color - Score

So one line from this could be:

Beginner, 1, 2010-09-02, Blue, 12

Let's say that we want to see the total Score per Section. A simple bar chart with Section on the X axis and a Count of Scores on the Y axis would do.

Let's say that we want to drill down to the results per Month. I created a Group with Section as first element and Year(Date)&"-"&Month(Date) as the second.

So far so good.

But we then want the sections to appear in ID ascending order. There, I can not figure it out.

I tried to set the Sort Order in the Group definition to be an expression =ID and... nothing happens. Sorting in the chart definition doesn't work either.

I tried the other way around. I built the group with ID and Dates. The order is then right. But I can not label it so instead of displaying 1,2 or 3 (meaning the ID value) it would display the Section_name. Labeling within the Group definition or the Chart definition produce the same thing: nothing (ticking the Label checkbox in the chart definition would cause a blank like to appear below the ID values).

Could you please indicate how to solve this?

Thank you.

0 Replies