vipingarg23
Creator
Creator

How to limit dimension value in staright chart

I have dimension called Status which has below Values:

CLOSE

OPEN

INPROGRESS

I want to see the status with OPEN status only. I am using below expression but it is not working:

If(Status='OPEN',Status)

Can anybody help me out there?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Can have an impact in performance, but you can try with a calculated dimension, instead of the field Status, you can add the dimension:

Aggr(If(Status='OPEN',Status), Status)

You should check to 'Supress null values' in this dimension.

Another way is adding the condition to check Status='OPEN' in all expressions of the chart.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

The above one should work. OR

If(Match(Status, 'OPEN'), Status) and then suppress from dimension

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vipingarg23
Creator
Creator
Author

It is also not working. It is also showing same behaviour as If. It is applying only for first value.

If I write, If(Status='CLOSE',Status) then it is working fine but for open and inprogress, it is not working well.

rubenmarin

Hi Vipin, maybe it's showing the other status values because there is other expressions in the chart.

With only that expression, and having status as chart dimension it should work.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you check the OPEN spelling because Qlik is case sensitive

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rubenmarin

Can you give more details on what's happening with 'open' and 'inprogress', and the expected result?

For status='CLOSE' it should show 'CLOSE', and Null() for other status.

vipingarg23
Creator
Creator
Author

Spelling is fine Anil..

vipingarg23
Creator
Creator
Author

You are right Ruben. So is there any other way..So that I can only see OPEN status data in chart.

vipingarg23
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes..It is showing the same behaviour.

rubenmarin

Can have an impact in performance, but you can try with a calculated dimension, instead of the field Status, you can add the dimension:

Aggr(If(Status='OPEN',Status), Status)

You should check to 'Supress null values' in this dimension.

Another way is adding the condition to check Status='OPEN' in all expressions of the chart.