Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikkorme
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to load data from Sharepoint 2013 from QlikView and Windows 2012?

Hi,

Since I was unable to find this answer anywhere in the forum I post this here, in case someone else is stuck with the same issue.

We recently migrated to a new QlikView Publisher server, running Windows Server 2012.

It turns out that to allow the publisher to read a Sharepoint-site we had to disable "IE Enhanced Security Configuration". We used this guide: How to disable IE Enhanced Security in Windows Server 2012 | blksthl

Then you need to add the sharepoint-site (and possibly other authentication-sites) to the Local Intranet-Zone in IE. Like described here: Loading data from sharepoint file through QMC, failed with error: access is denied

I'd recommend using a wildcard on the intranet, ie like: "https://*.companyname.com".

But my question is: Are there any way to enable Qlikview to read the sharepointsite without disabling the IEESC completely? It does not seem like it should be necessary and I hope someone has found other ways around it.

PS. It seems IEESC is new in Win2012, or at least, in Win2008, our old server, we only had to add the sharepoint site to Local Intranet-zone in Internet Options.

Thanks!

0 Replies