Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make a QlikView with a geographic add on?

Hi all!

Along time ago i wanted to add a geographic map to my QV, and i did not understand how and if it can even be done.

About two month ago i went in to the QV web site and there i saw a QV with a Google Earh map.

Now my qustion is how do i do that?

I have QV 8, and the geographic technology i have is, "ArcGIS" and "DeepEarth".

How can I add a map to my QV?!

10X 🙂

7 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Google Maps application is now shipped together with QlikView 9.00 as a sample program (it's available for a free download), and the logic is fairly well described there.

Integrating your own GIS program might be a bit more complex... The integration with Google Maps is based on Google's ability to receive a URL with certain parameters and return back an image of the map. You'll need to find a similar integration point within your GIS package...

good luck!

Not applicable
Author

I would like to use the same way using URL, but using other GIS programs.

Is there any documents about doing this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are the software provider of a product called GeoQlik for QlikView. Thanks to it, you can include maps based on GIS data (ESRI, Mapinfo...) into your QlikView documents.

For more info please visit www.geoqlik.com .

You can aslo contact me:

Damien Palvadeau

dpalvadeau@ciril.net

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Where can i find a Demo\ Trial version to try this GeoQlik?

Is it an addon to QlikView? or is it a program i make the QV documents in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In order for you to have a full overview of what GeoQlik is I would suggest to schedule a quick Webex presentation. Please contact me if it sounds interesting to you.

Damien

dpalvadeau@ciril.net

Not applicable
Author

Hi!  Damien ,

From where i can download GeoQlik software to integrate it with the Qlikview Application and is there a free trail version available for GeoQlik like a demo version.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

QlikView customers and channel partners are interested in displaying their QlikView KPI indicators on Geographic maps but also sometimes on a Building Plan (ex: logistic warehouse, supermarket, hospital, etc).

Business Geografic has developed a mapping extension for QlikView (V9, V10, V11) namely "GeoQlik" and we have been a Technology Partner of QlikTech since 2006 starting with QlikView 8!

I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 "SR1": GeoQlik v11.6.

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic