Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giansonn
Creator
Creator

How to make a chart title formula with conditional dimension label?

Hello all,

I currently have a widget that gives a list of variable options and converts the user choice into a variable `v_dimension` and a label as a master item.

Master Item is like this:

=if('$(v_Dimension)' = 'val_var_1', var_1,

if('$(v_Dimension)' = 'val_var_2', var_2,     etc        (for the variables)

=if('$(v_Dimension)' = 'val_var_1, 'Var 1', 

if('$(v_Dimension)' = 'val_var_2, 'Var 2',            (for the label)

At the moment I can use this formula for the chart:

='Weekly Chart by '&'$(v_Dimension)'

But I cannot see how to refer to the Master Item Dimension:

='Weekly Chart by '&'$(Master_Item_Dimension)'           (returns blank)

and actually both of these are not perfect. What I would like to do is return the master item label. Is there any way to do this?

For a visual aid please see image:

Giansonn_0-1590151538785.png

2 Replies
Saravanan_Desingh

Is the Master_Item_Dimension a Field in the Table? Do you want to show this in the Label upon Selection?

Giansonn
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry I have tried to make the question a little bit more explicit, one if statement in the master item gives the variable for the table and the other if statement gives the label. The I simply use the master item variable in my chart and the rest is done for me e.g. the dimension label for the legend.

However, when editing a chart title you can only use a couple of lines I dont know why, so my nested if statement doesnt work. therefore I need a workaround and I imagine a way to refer directly to the label or the variable would help. Sorry if this is a little complex.