Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make an expression conditional in QV version 10 SR5?

Hi,

My production QlikView version is 10.00.9519.9 SR5

PFA - I have two expressions. One is simple sum while another is a SET expression. I want to make the SET expression conditional, so that it will be active only when the user clicks on the dimension (for ex: Product).

I use the following condition but it is not helping me either.

=if(Count(GetFieldSelections([book product type]))=1,sum({1} TOTAL([book_amount]))/1000000)

Though we have this facility in QV 11 to make an expression conditional at the chart level.

How can we make an expression conditional, so that it works or becomes visible, only when I click on a specific dimension in QV 10?

Thanks!

3 Replies
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II

Conditional expression  was added in QV11 to pivot table and since QV11 it is in expression tab.

In QV10 for straight table (probably other charts except pivot as well but i don't remember for sure) you can find it in presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karolina_,

Thanks for your input but I have a Bar Chart and there is no option in Presentation tab to resolve the issue. And QV 11 has it for all sorts of charts in Expression tab.

karolina_
Creator II
Creator II

I am not sure if I got correctly when you want to show it or not, but maybe you will be able get what you want by creating two bar charts at the same place one with one expression other with two expression and in Layout you will provide conditions when each of charts will be displayed.