Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make filter permanent even after 'Clear Selections'

Hey guys,

I have a tab with a trigger that selects a MAX(Load Date) everytime the report is opened. What I'd like to happen is even when the "Clear Selections" button is pressed on the report, I want that MAX(Load Date) filter/trigger to stay put, and not clear.

My MAX(Load Date) filter/trigger is not in a List Box on the report, the selection is done with the trigger function.

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, Scott.

You can try adding a Lock Field action to your trigger.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, Scott.

You can try adding a Lock Field action to your trigger.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

An other suggestion would be to set the always one selected value for that field. You can create a temp listbox and set this property to true and then delete it (it is a field setting, so it will stay)

Not applicable
Author

The Lock Field action is a good suggestion. I threw a Lock Field trigger on for my field, but an issue arises where when I delete the Lock Field trigger, it doesn't 'unlock' that field again. It even stays locked after I save and reopen the document, and even after I reload all of my data.

Although I believe the Lock Field trigger is what I'm looking to do, I just want to make sure I'm able to undo this feature in the future. Any further advice?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe three actions in your trigger:

1. Unlock Field Load Date

2. Set Selection Max(Load Date) on Load Date

3. Lock Field Load Date

I hope it works well this time.

Not applicable
Author

That did the trick!

I wasn't aware that when you lock a field, and then delete that lock trigger, than you then have to go back in and add a unlock trigger to that field to get it unlock again.

Very interesting. Thanks so much for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're welcome, Scott.

The locking of fields is not directly associated with triggers. The only thing a trigger does is execute an action when something happens. Lock (or unlock) a filed is just one of these actions. It's a common action that can be performed a number of ways besides a trigger. For example, you can right click on a list box e lock that field, or you can click on Lock on the tool bar. So, deleting a trigger doesn't undo the action it made, whatever that action. Hope the things a little bit.

I'm glad I could help.