Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to make my exchange date link to my master calendar ?

Hi All

I have a data model which is i start with exchange date table. after i add my data model with sales table plus master calendar and now i notice that my exchange rate table date need to link to master calendar.

May i know how to make change of my script into to link my exchange date table to master calendar.

enclosed my QV doc for your ref.

EXCHANGE DATE.png

4 Replies
jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hello, I don't think joining the tables only through SOURCE will work.

You need to create a composite key using Date and Source in your sales table:

LOAD *, autonumber(date&SOURCE) as compositeKey

FROM...

Then create the same key in the RATE table:

LOAD *, AUTONUMBER(date_t&SOURCE) as compositeKey

FROM...

This will link the transaction table for each day to they exchange rate for that specific day/source.

As the fact table is already linked to the master calendar, you don't need to also join the RATE table as all the data will be associated.

I hope this helps.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Q14

i already link them up as per your advise, but the field=EXCHANGE still not able link to my master calendar table ? any thing i have miss out ?

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Q14

This morning i think i found the issue , i notice that my Rate Table also link to Temp table which store all the date. So i need to create a key to link to sales table. now i link from Rate table , it does not link the date over.

Any idea  how to make the temp table create a link key ?

Paul

jvitantonio
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hey Paul, sorry for the delay but I've been out for a bit. Did you find a solution to this? If not, please can you explain in more detail your data model?

Thanks