Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Master
Master

How to make my exchange date link to my master calendar ?

Hi All

I have a data model which is i start with exchange date table. after i add my data model with sales table plus master calendar and now i notice that my exchange rate table date need to link to master calendar.

May i know how to make change of my script into to link my exchange date table to master calendar.

enclosed my QV doc for your ref.

EXCHANGE DATE.png

4 Replies
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Hello, I don't think joining the tables only through SOURCE will work.

You need to create a composite key using Date and Source in your sales table:

LOAD *, autonumber(date&SOURCE) as compositeKey

FROM...

Then create the same key in the RATE table:

LOAD *, AUTONUMBER(date_t&SOURCE) as compositeKey

FROM...

This will link the transaction table for each day to they exchange rate for that specific day/source.

As the fact table is already linked to the master calendar, you don't need to also join the RATE table as all the data will be associated.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi Q14

i already link them up as per your advise, but the field=EXCHANGE still not able link to my master calendar table ? any thing i have miss out ?

Highlighted
Master
Master

Hi Q14

This morning i think i found the issue , i notice that my Rate Table also link to Temp table which store all the date. So i need to create a key to link to sales table. now i link from Rate table , it does not link the date over.

Any idea  how to make the temp table create a link key ?

Paul

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Hey Paul, sorry for the delay but I've been out for a bit. Did you find a solution to this? If not, please can you explain in more detail your data model?

Thanks